Activated Turmeric (Jar)
Turmeric is all the rave these days and most people are also aware that we need activated turmeric for it to be absorbed. And I don’t mean activated like Paleo Pete makes his almonds and then says they will cure all ills and help you see the light and walk on water. But without turmeric being activated, less than 3% of the turmeric you may consume has any chance of being absorbed. That’s 97% of your money wasted.
We also use a high curminoid, organic turmeric since research has shown that the residual turmeric AFTER curcumin (just one of the curcuminoids) has been extracted is still highly anti-inflammatory. My choice is always to try to go for the best quality, whole food available rather than rely on food fragments for any activity.
So, we activate our turmeric blend with piperine from black pepper which we include as a finely milled spice as a whole food ingredient. Here is a comprehensive review of the potential benefits from activated turmeric.
However, the beneficial effects from turmeric/piperine are not unique.
Many Australian wild foods have been shown to be anti-inflammatory, antioxidant and healing in many other ways too. It’s like the wild plants own defence systems help us in lots of ways to overcome the wear and tear of modern life.
Karuah Activated Turmeric is a rich source of Illawarra plum, Kakadu plum, mountain pepper and anise myrtle. Download this chapter from my book, Wild Foods for more insights into the real value of the phytonutrients in wild foods.
Then we pack in live enzymes which are known to attack the scar-like tissues left behind from metaflammation (metabolic inflammation) reactions, senescent (non-active) cells and other effects of ageing. Pineapple core is a good source of the enzyme bromelain and this acts like drain-cleaner or pipe cleaners in that it eats away and blockages and debris that doesn’t have to be there. We end up with squeeky-clean blood vessels, lymphatics and such. Here’s a summary on bromelain.
Then we have MSM (methyl sulfonylmethane), which is rich in organic sulphur (around 34%). Sulphur is the third most common element in the body after calcium and phosphorus. It is important in connective tissues, joints and muscles and skin where it gets its name as ‘Nature’s beauty mineral’ because it supports skin elasticity, smoothness and youth. Research into MSM has shown similar anti-inflammatory and antioxidant effects as turmeric so the combination is synergistic. Here is a very technical review on MSM but just skimming over the headlines will give you a good overview of the advantages of adding this to your diet.
Karuah Activated Turmeric is sort of a house-cleaning/renovating/rejuvenating effect. Remember. There is no such thing as a cleansing diet, only a damaging one. Eat well and provide enough anti-inflammatories, antioxidants, live enzymes (not cooked and killed), anti-allergens, antiproliferatives and anti-cancer components and your system is cleansed with every meal.
However, most of us limit the range of foods we eat to less than 1/10th the number that Indigenous Australians ate over a year. To give you an idea, most traditionally living cultures in Australia, Africa and the Americas relied on around 500 different foods annually. These days, we expect all of our nutritional needs to be met with just the 17 species of foods that we factory farm and breed into large, sweet, juicy, nutritionally dilute, low fibre fruits and vegetables.
There is little we can do about this falling nutritional quality of our foods as even organic produce comes from the same reduced number of species. However, we can add back nutrients in the form of whole foods in order to improve our health over time.
Think of yourself. As we age, we live with joint pain, fatigue, mental fog, wrinkles and sagging skin and more from the biochemical wear and tear of stress, poor diet and inadequate exercise. As our age goes on we can’t expect things to get better without addressing some of the challenges.
Try Karuah Activated Turmeric which is in vegetarian, slow release capsules so that the mixture gets through the stomach and is presented to the gut flora in the intestines. Lucky for us, they know just what to do with it.
We recommend 2 capsules a day although doubling this to 2 in the morning and 2 at night is a good way to start for a few weeks to a month before lowering the dose, if you wish.
Karuah Activated Turmeric is an ideal companion to a daily dose of LIFE (Lyophilized Indigenous Food Essentials)™ delivering the synergistic effects from the wide range of ingredients in both products.
We Also Recommend
LIFE (Lyophilized Indigenous Food Essentials)™️ - 3 month (3x150g) pack